Monday, August 13, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane. . .

I know when we'll be back again!  (Ok, you have to sing that for it to make sense!)  I think I am almost giddy with excitement.  I have been so busy and preoccupied with all things Ella Grace that I haven't had a chance to update my blog and let you guys know how super CLOSE we are to bringing our baby girl home!  We have flights booked, hotels booked, a few tours booked, and one suitcase packed and three to go.  This is our itinerary for our trip, as best as I can build it.  All the important dates are set, just waiting for a little more detail on when medical appointments will happen and which days are business days and which days are rest days.  Over the next few days, I will be posting pictures of Ella Grace's room, specific prayer requests, and a few final words before we leave.  Then it will get exciting.  For those of you who have suffered through my blog posts, your reward is coming soon! 


Wednesday, August 22nd- Leave Birmingham at 5:56am.  Fly to Chicago and then around noon... fly to Beijing. It is a 13 hour 35 minute flight!

Thursday, August 23- Sunday, August 26th, explore Beijing.  We will tour The Great Wall and The Forbidden City.  We will leave Beijing around 11 am on Sunday and take the bullet train to Shanghai.  We will arrive in Shanghai around 4pm. Go to hotel and prepare for Ella Grace.

Monday, August 27th- GOTCHA DAY! MEET ELLA GRACE!!!!!  I'm sure Ella Grace will be sad and will likely cry.  Honestly, we have no idea what to expect... please pray for all of us that day.  It will be wonderful and emotional all mixed together!

Tuesday, August 28th- Sign adoption papers for Chinese government!

Wednesday, August 29th- Thursday, August 30th- Spend time exploring Shanghai and learning as much about Ella Grace’s hometown as we can.

Friday, August 31st- Fly to Guangzhou.

Saturday, September 1st- Check out the Guangzhou!

Sunday, September 2nd- Explore

Monday, September 3rd- Celebrating a milestone: ONE week with Ella Grace as our daughter!

Tuesday, September 4th- Fun day! Shopping time!

Wednesday, September 5th- United States Consulate Appointment and official adoption of Ella Grace in the eyes of the United States Government.

Thursday, September 6th- Take van to Hong Kong and spend the night in Hong Kong and fly home Friday morn.

Friday, September 7th- Fly home to Birmingham.  We are scheduled to arrive at the Birmingham Airport at 4:47pm!  It will be time to hug my sweet boys, thank my sweet parents for making this trip possible and see all my sweet friends who have covered us in prayer!


I will leave you with a sweet picture that was shared by another adoptive mom!


That is my big girl (in pink) sharing Analina's birthday cake.  It is some sort of Chinese tradition to put icing on their foreheads and noses.

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! Followed a link over from the Lifeline FB page. Hope your trip is blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you found out if you will be visiting the orphanage? Your gotcha day is our Daisy's 3rd birthday! I wish I was a stowaway in your luggage!

    ReplyDelete